A good computer case fan is a vital investment as it offers protection to your PC. It offers case cooling properties designed to lessen heat or prevent the build-up of too much heat, which can only hamper the performance of your PC’s vital components. This, therefore, can reduce potential damage, and prolong the life of your PC’s components.
80mm Case Fans and How they from the Others
One of your best options for computer case fan is the 80mm size. The best 80mm case fan is out there in the market today, delivering excellent performance in terms of its cooling ability, the amount of air it produces, as well as having lower noise.
Note, however, that in comparison to the higher sizes, the 80mm model will always produce more noise. It’s mainly because it needs to exert more effort in producing enough airflow. So what should you look for in your search for the best 80mm case fan?
Factors to Consider when Searching for the Best Fan
1. Construction and Material
If possible, go for a fan with a solid and strong plastic frame. This can strengthen its performance and make it more stable. It’s also advisable to look for one with a special fan blade design, so it can offer not only strong cooling performance but also a more unique look.
2. Mounting screws
Most 80mm case fans in the market today come with four silicon mounting screws that help prevent vibration, thereby lessening the noise a bit. Aside from that, the screws promote ease in installing the fan.
3. Rifle Bearings
Another feature that you ought to find when searching for the best 80mm case fan are the rifle bearings. These are vital features as these can help improve the life expectancy of the product while also producing lesser amount of noise than a typical sleeve bearing. If possible, look for one, which also features low fan speeds as these aid in preventing the case fan from producing too much noise.
4. Stealth Ribbon Cable
If you can find a fan with a black stealth ribbon cable then that’s also an advantage as it means that you will have an easier time hiding cables. This can promote a cleaner and more organized buildup, preventing the installation from hampering the overall look of your PC.
Importance of Reading Reviews
It also pays to read reviews and compare at least 3 to 5 options. Study the features of each of your choices carefully, so you’ll know which one can really meet your specifications and requirements.
Fortunately, you’ll have an easier time comparing your options now as this article provides information about 5 of the best 80mm case fans today.
Top 5 Best 80mm case fans Reviews
Cooler Master Blade Master 80
Blade Master offers a balance of high air pressure with balanced airflow and minimal noise levels.
Cooler Master Sleeve Bearing 80mm Silent Fan
This fans are low profile and designed to fit better in CM 690, CM 590 and CM 690 II Advanced and Basic models.
Antec TriCool 80mm Red LED Cooling Fan with 3-Speed Switch
TriCool fans feature a 3-speed switch so you can find the ideal equilibrium of quiet and cooling, and spotlight your case with vibrant blue color.
ARCTIC F8 PWM Rev.2
This is one of the quietest case fan on the market today
AC Infinity MULTIFAN S5
This ultra-quiet cooling fan is popular in a variety of electronics and components such as receivers, DVRs, video game consoles, modems, computers, amplifiers, and other audio video equipment.
Cooler Master Blade Master 80
Designed for computer cases and CPU, this specific 80mm cooling fan can help manage the heat of your PC. You can count on this product to have a higher cooling efficiency. It has balanced airflow and air pressure and produces minimal amount of noise.
- Wide fan speed range – It delivers around 800-2,000 RPM, boosting its efficiency and performance
- Has anti-vibration pads – The built-in anti-vibration pads in this 80mm case fan are made of rubber. You can find them around the edges, minimizing the noise produced by the fan.
- Unique blade shape – This is an advantage as it improves the fan’s airflow.
- Features a Molex adapter – This is a good thing in case you don’t own another fan header
- Easy to install
- Produces noise – Note that because this is still an 80mm case fan, some still find it too loud. For instance, plugging it into a 3-pin, non-PWM outlet may cause it to operate too loudly. This is the main reason why you should consider using it as a well-tuned PWM fan.
Still, with its features and performance, you can expect it to provide real value for the money you’ve paid for. You will definitely love the fact that it spins well, moves plenty of air and produces attractive blue lights.
Cooler Master Sleeve Bearing 80mm Fan
Cooler Master Sleeve Bearing 80mm fan is a slim and low-profile fan designed in such a way that it can perfectly fit CM 590, CM 690 and CM 690 II basic and advanced models. It features an 11-blade fan design, which aids in increasing airflow even when you set it at lower speeds. It also tends to work with less noise. Also, with its compliance to the RoHS, you don’t need to worry about your use of it hampering the environment.
- Has excellent airflow
- Environmentally friendly
- Can easily fit mid- to full-size tower cases
- Has a speed of +/-1200 rpm – This makes it useful for both basic and advanced gaming system.
- Less noise - The noise it produces is not as loud as the others under this class, which is one of the main reasons why many consider it as the best 80mm case fan.
- Short cable length – This makes it impossible for you to use it on top of the case.
- Has the tendency to produce more noise than usual if used on a cheap case or one with a mesh that blocks the fan’s airflow
Still, it provides good value for your money considering its many features. You can also easily plug it directly into your motherboard. Just make sure to plug the fan vertically, instead of horizontally, since they are sleeve-bearing fans.
Antec TriCool 80mm Cooling Fan with Red Led Light and 3-Speed Switch
If you’re in search of the best 80mm case fan, which delivers stable and reliable performance then the Antec TriCool 80mm cooling fan may be your best option. It provides the right balance between efficiency and performance.
- Features a 3-speed switch, making it easier to find the right balance between quietness and coolness
- Has 3-pin and 4-pin power connectors – both of which can be expected to help you connect conveniently into the power supply or motherboard.
- Features two useful cables – One is a cable with a switch with the letters H, M and L. This represents the speed control settings of High, Medium and Low. The second cable features a 3-pin female connector
- Has a built-in variable adjuster fitting, allowing it to work well and fit perfectly into the case
- Works quietly on low and medium settings
- Poor choice of screws - The screws will most likely strip out even if you use an appropriate bit, and tend to cut trends into the holes made of plastic. To deal with this issue, cut the threads before installing the fan into the case.
The issue is just minor, though, so it’s still safe to say that this is one of the best 80mm case fan brands that can deliver what it promises.
ARCTIC F8 PWM Rev. 2 80mm Case Fan
Another model that many people consider as the best 80mm case fan is the Arctic F8 PWM Rev. 2. The fans are quite different from standard PWM fans. It is because it uses the patented PWM sharing technology (PST). This technology makes it possible for you to daisy chain up to five of the fans together. This means that you can use the motherboard to power up and control the five fans with just one PWM fan heater installed into the motherboard.
- Blades are designed in such a way that they can minimize the noise produced by it while also increasing airflow.
- Features a fluid dynamic bearing, which is extremely useful in prolonging its life
- Works as a nine-blade fan capable of moving lots of air into the case
- Has a 4-pin connector that you can find on the 16-inch wire – This makes it possible for you to connect to the headers with 3 or 4 pins.
- Provides adequate airflow
- Not as quiet as usual if you decide to run it at the highest speed
The main reason behind the mentioned flaw is that higher RPMs also tend to produce more air, creating more noise than expected. Still, this is an efficient brand with good features and airflow, plus you can mount and secure it easily because of its easy to use and tight screws.
AC Infinity MULTIFAN S5 80mm Case Fan
This is another great option if you are looking for the best 80mm case fan. It operates quietly and you can position it in such a way that it stands upright or lay flat, so it can efficiently cool a number of components and electronics.
- Has multi-speed controller, which you can use with a power switch - This controller makes it possible for you to set the speed of the fan to produce the right airflow level and noise.
- Operates quietly, making it one of the best 80mm case fan brands out there
- Features an attractive design made of premium and high quality materials
- Has a sturdy and solid wiring and a reliable switch
- Can move a significantly good amount of air
- Sturdy and reliable built
- Easy to install and use
- More expensive than the other products in the category
- Has an overly long USB cord
Despite these flaws, it is still a good buy considering the fact that it is more distinctive than the rest. It is also versatile enough that you can easily use it in any USB outlet that you can find.
The best 80mm case fan can really spell the difference between having a PC with excellent performance and having a low-performing one. This is the main reason why you really have to spend time studying all your options. Your choice should be durable enough. It should be capable of providing the right amount of air needed by your computer unit to run efficiently. Also, ensure that you stay within your budget.