A fingertip grip mouse is a type of mouse, which lets you use the most extreme type of grip for gamers – the fingertip or tip grip. This grip only has minimal contact points between the mouse and your hand. It only makes use of your fingertips to navigate the mouse in intensely quick movements. It does so with minimal restraints on the wrist and hand.
Mouse chassis mainly designed for this type of grip is often light and short. In most cases, it also comes with a flat back arch angle. When planning to invest in the best fingertip grip mouse, take note that this grip is often designed around speed. The good news is that such grip excels in that specific area – speed.
Note, however, that because there are only minimal support and contact points of the hand, it does not work that well for gliding movements that need to be more precise and delicate and slower.
But before we go to the factors of consideration for the best choice, let’s first highlight the five best products on the market.
This product features our most advanced optical sensor for maximum tracking accuracy
Razer DeathAdder Chroma
This product favored by esports athletes the world over, and it has established itself globally as the best gaming mouse.
Zowie Gear BenQ
This product is designed in such a way that you can easily switch its functionality from the left to right hand, or vice versa
Developed with personalization in mind, this product is the most customizable mouse Logitech has ever built.
Razer Abyssus Optical
This product is created for gamers looking for quality, reliability and performance in a no-nonsense, straightforward gaming-grade mouse
Top 5 Best Fingertip Grip Mouse Reviews
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse
One of the main features of G502 Proteus RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse from Logitech is its advanced optical sensor designed to maximize its tracking accuracy. That said, you can expect this mouse to accurately translate and register hand movements onscreen. It does so in a responsive manner. Aside from that, it features RGB lighting, which you can either customize or sync with other products from Logitech.
Another great thing about this gaming mouse is that it lets you customize your profiles, so these can perfectly suit your games. You can adjust its sensitivity from 200-12,000 DPI. With its light weight and compact and comfortable design, you will also feel like it can provide you with the right balance of everything you need from a fingertip grip mouse.
The fact that it is easy to program and set up and comes with customizable controls and a comfortable shape is also among the reasons why many view it as the best fingertip grip mouse.
- Manageable weight - Tunable weight and balance, repositionable 3.6G weights for superior fit and feel
- Fits the hands perfectly
- Comes with cool and customizable RGB lighting and colors
- Highly accurate because it uses an advanced optical sensor - Logitech's most accurate and responsive optical sensor precisely translates hand movements onscreen
- Boasts of its customizable controls and comfortable shape - Textured grips and convenient button layout for extended gaming sessions
- The bumps in the mouse are quite difficult to clean.
- The side button for the thumb is a bit uncomfortable.
Still, with the high level of precision and responsiveness of this gaming mouse from Logitech, it is no longer surprising why it is a bestseller. Furthermore, it has repositionable weights, making it more convenient to use.
Razer DeathAdder Chroma - Multi-Color Ergonomic Gaming Mouse - 10,000 DPI Sensor - World's Most Popular Gaming Mouse
Another product, which many consider as the best fingertip grip mouse, is the Razer DeathAdder Chroma. One advantage of this gaming mouse is that it features a simple design only, making it easy to use. It comes with a braided cable sheathe, standard 1000 Hz polling and up to 10,000 DPI sensor. The fact that it is just a simple mouse makes it ideal for you if you want to use one, which does not come with plenty of additional features that you can’t all use.
Another thing you will love about this gaming mouse is the fact that its exterior curves to the natural shape of your hand. It comes with a rubber side grip, so there is no need to worry about unnecessary slips of the mouse when you are planning to enjoy an intense game. There’s also enough distance between buttons, so there’s no risk that you will accidentally click one.
- Simple yet functional, making it easy to use
- Smooth and excellent performance
- Provides plenty of options for customization
- Features small indents on its scrolling wheel, so expect to have an easier time gripping it using your middle finger
- Perfectly designed to fit snugly under your palm, the ergonomic shape of product gives gamers the most comfortable gaming experience ever, especially during the most testing of battles.
- The sensor is capable of tracking Z-axis to as low as 1mm on most surfaces including glass table tops. This is perfect for low-sense gamers who want to set tracking to cut-off as soon as they lift their mice.
- Not ideal for use by left-handed gamers
- Does not come with weight adjustment features
Overall, Razer DeathAdder Chroma is still a good option for fingertip grips as it comes with an ergonomic design and performs excellently well. With its many customization options, you can also set it up based on your specific and unique preferences.
Zowie Gear BenQ Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse (FK1)
This optical gaming mouse is not only ideal for fingertip grip mouse users but also for those who want to use it for claw grip. It uses the Avago 3310, which is an optical sensor that makes it possible for you to enjoy a competitive and intense game. One of the main features that you will love about this gaming mouse is its low lift-off distance. Such is an important feature, especially if you are a serious gamer.
Aside from that, the mouse comes with two thumb buttons on its two sides. Such is a good feature as it lets you comfortably use it whether you are a right-handed or a left-handed gamer. The fact that it is a no-frills mouse is also an advantage. All it takes is to plug it then you can start using it for your game. There is no need to use additional drivers and accessories. Furthermore, it is designed in such a way that you can easily switch its functionality from the left to right hand, or vice versa.
- Versatile that you can use it for both fingertip grip and claw grip
- Supports a competitive and intense game with its unique optical sensor
- Has two thumb buttons on the sides designed for left and right hand use
- Hassle-free to use as you only need to plug then play it
- Switching from left to right hand functionality, and vice versa, is easy.
- Does not come with an aim button, a button, which is supposed to be useful in reducing DPI temporarily
If you’re looking for a simplistic but highly powerful and efficient mouse, then the Zowie Gear BenQ Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse is a great option for you.
Logitech G9X Programmable Laser Gaming Mouse
With the highly customizable design of Logitech G9X programmable laser gaming mouse, you can expect it to perfectly fit the needs of both casual users and hardcore and serious gamers. It is one of the best fingertip grip mouse options but it is also versatile enough that you can still integrate various grips on it. Another thing that you will love about this laser gaming mouse from Logitech is its adjustable weight and on-the-fly adjustable DPI.
Another of its most remarkable features is the grip-release button, which you can find at the rear. Such feature makes it possible for you to swap between its two interchangeable grips. Aside from that, it has a precision grip, which also boasts of a DryGrip texture. Such provides a sandpaper-like and rough texture to the mouse, thereby preventing the accumulation of sweat when used for a long period.
- Has an on-board memory - lets you program up to five ready-to-play profiles
- Allows you to make custom profiles
- Features interchangeable weights - Weight-tuning system gives you up to 28 g of extra weight for personalized feel and control.
- Custom-color LEDs let you match your mouse to your PC, your game, your style.
- Takes pride of its tangle-free braided sleeve for the cord
- Features interchangeable grips, giving you the freedom to choose the kind of feel and fit that perfectly fits your preferred playing style
- A bit pricey
- Designed only for right-handed gamers
Still, this laser gaming mouse from Logitech can please you as it provides the right balance between performance, functionality and design.
Razer Abyssus Optical PC Gaming Mouse
Razer Abyssus Optical PC gaming mouse is a good option for you if you’re planning to buy a good fingertip grip mouse without spending too much. It’s an affordable computer mouse designed for gamers, which does not sacrifice its performance. It features an eye-catching design with the cool blue logo integrated on its body lighting up.
Aside from that, you will love the switchable DPI and polling rate of this gaming mouse, as it shows that it can deliver quite well in terms of power and performance despite its low price. It only comes with three buttons designed to provide an extremely responsive feedback. These are three big tactile buttons that you can click rapidly while responding accurately to your commands.
- Very responsive
- Works rapidly and comes with switchable polling and DPI rate
- Features a sleek and attractive design with an illuminated blue logo
- Comes with large buttons that offer support for middle finger and full index finger navigation
- Mouse can keep up with your movements whether you’re just making precise and small ones or long-range and quick ones
- Comes with a glossy finish that tends to accumulate smudges
- Only has fewer features when compared to other brands and models of the same price
Still, this mouse is a great option if you are a gamer who is after performance, reliability and quality. The main focus of this gaming mouse is on the essentials of competitive and intense gaming.
Choosing the Best Fingertip Grip Mouse
When planning to invest in the best fingertip grip mouse, it is important to take the following factors into consideration, as all these can contribute to picking the best choice:
1. Size and ergonomics
These are probably two of the most vital factors you ought to keep in mind when planning to find the most reliable fingertip grip mouse. If you choose the right size and ergonomic design, then you can prevent strain and pressure, especially on your hands. Size should be based on personal preference, as well as how portable the mouse is. That said, you need to test the product and read reviews, so you will get an idea about this area.
Being ergonomic is also an essential feature. Note that this is a crucial feature, especially if you’re using a fingertip grip. A fingertip grip mouse actually makes it possible for you to control the whole device just by using your fingertips.
Such can give you more precise control over the cursor. The problem is it is incapable of giving you room to rest your palms, thereby raising your risk of suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome. That said, the best fingertip grip mouse is definitely that with an ergonomic design while also featuring the perfect size.
2. Wireless or cable
This is another important consideration when searching for the ideal fingertip grip mouse for you. Generally, the wireless version is more comfortable as it does not limit your range of movement with a cable. It’s also ideal if you travel often since you can easily bring it with you. The problem is that it is less responsive when compared to the wired or cable versions. It also tends to interfere with the performance of other wireless devices that are close to you.
Cable or wired mouse is easier to use and cheaper than the wireless variety. You just need to plug it in. There is a problem that you need to deal with, though, and that includes the tangled wires. Weigh the pros and cons of the two and make your decision based on convenience.
3. Dots per Inch (DPI)
It is advisable to find a fingertip grip mouse with high sensitivity as it also promotes precise movements. Such is a good thing, especially if you’re planning to edit videos, audio files and images. If possible, go for a mouse with at least 1200 DPI as this can give you more control.
4. Tracking speed
Choose a mouse, which can keep up with speedy movements. You also have to determine if it reports certain movements correctly, ensuring accuracy and responsiveness. Some of the signs that the mouse does not accurately register motion is when its velocity does not seem like a smooth curve, when it has some weird jaggedness, and when it tends to drop to zero mid-movement.
Searching for the best fingertip grip mouse is also easier if you consider other vital factors like the polling rate, acceleration, comfort level, precision, layout of the buttons, and other extra features and buttons.
With the buying guide that this article provided, you will no longer find it too overwhelming to narrow down your options and pick the best fingertip grip mouse. The products mentioned here are among the best in the category, so it pays to include them in your options while considering the factors mentioned above before making your final buying decision.